Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Everything is Illuminated

"I have reflected many times upon our rigid search. It has shown me that everything is illuminated in the light of the past. It is always along the side of us, on the inside, looking out. Like you say, inside out....[I]n this way, I will always be along the side of your life. And you will always be along the side of mine."
- Everything is Illuminated, Jonathan Safran Foer

Life rarely allows us to look through a crystalline lens of knowledge and, often, filters different shades of truth through our narrow vantage point. We sift through remnants of each year, day, minute in futile attempts to paste together some patchwork of what we can call our truth. We are continuously transforming ourselves, a constant metamorphosis of purpose and being. We are sometimes many things at once and, often, nothing at all. Daughter, runner, student, wife, mother. This blog is dedicated to the "rigid search" that is best undertaken together--fighting through it all with the ones you love. I am amazed at the truth I knew when I was young and humbled by the truth I will know fifty years from now. Today the truth I know is that "everything is illuminated" in the brilliance of our life. It is not success, money, pride, but only the realization that there would be an unwavering void if they were not here with me--my husband, Kyle, and two daughters--Kaylyn & Riley. One April 14th, 2006 and August 10, 2008, I realized one of the most important things in my life: it is hard to miss what you never had, but once you experience an emotion, life is forever transformed. Your children take their own tiny place in the world, a niche that can never be replaced--the world would be "different" without them and your life unimaginable without their presence. There is no greater love than that expressed in the fear of not having them by your side. But, greater than this fear is the joyous celebration that is each day you have together. And, that is this blog--a joyous celebration--of our successes, aimless musings, and normal day-to-day experiences. Enjoy....
Kyle, Lindsey, Kaylyn ("Kaykay") & Riley ("Riley Roo") Seitz

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

Welcome to "blog life"! I'll add you to my link list...it that is OK!
Suzanne Dyson Tyler:)